Sweatin’ On: Sweaty Betty
It will come as no surprise to my friends and family that I am dedicating this post to Sweaty Betty, a fitness apparel company from the UK. I discovered Sweaty Betty about 10 years ago when I was living in Oxford. I took a day trip to London and wandered into their SoHo boutique. Lucky for me (but not so lucky for my husband) the sales were on and I picked up my first Sweaty Betty outfit. Ever since that day, I’ve been crushin’ on their style. I love them so much that when I moved back to the States I emailed them to ask if they would ship products overseas (they politely said yes, but that it would cost a ton and likely get held up in customs, and that I needed to get a life- kidding). Work trips and vacations back to the UK over the past few years allowed me to get my SB fix, but now that they ship to the US, I’m all good. Plus, they offer me a 20% teacher discount (nice!). And I still shop at the boutique on the Kings Road or in Selfridge’s (oh, Selfridge’s) when I take work trips to London. Call me a Sweaty Betty fan.
Here are the five Sweaty Betty items that I’m currently over the moon about:
1. Revitalise Jumper – A sweater for workin’ out? Girl, you crazy. I know, but this top is the perfect to/from the studio/gym/office piece, and it’s great for this wacky transitional weather we have in Boston these days. The color is purty and the crochet hem is delicate and sweet. The depressed catwalk model on the SB site is not selling it to me, though.
2. Pirouette Dance Pant – I confess I am a legging lover, but I have been moving in the slouchy pants direction recently, and it is heaven. No worrying about VPL, eating a larger lunch (damn you, Google cafe), or thunder thighs. Pair these with a loose, translucent top and colorful sports bra and you are set. Keep them long or scrunch them up.
3. Tiana Bay Tee – Translucent top? Look no further. ¾ length sleeves are the best length IN THE WORLD. Truth.
4. Montauk Zipped Crop Top – This looks suspiciously similar to the Lululemon Warm Up Crew that I wrote about last week, but in cotton. I much prefer SB’s color palette to Lulu these days, and I can’t say no to a good sweatshirt (get ready for a lot of them on this site). I’m not sure I could get away with the yellow (excuse me, soleil marl), but it is lovely and I would try.
5. The mysterious leg warmers that appear to go in and out of stock. Seriously, what is going on with these? They look amazing (you can see them in the above image on the top right. Pretend that is me in the photo). I really like thigh-high leg warmers and I love the gray color. I just wish they wouldn’t tease me so much.
Just look at that color palette. How perfect for spring!
|xxoo Sweat the Runway|